Visa for United Kingdom
The United Kingdom, with its diverse population, has some of the best examples of medieval and modern architecture. UK tourist visa for Indian citizens can help them to experience the country’s uniqueness. The United Kingdom is made up of four countries that are all governed by the same government. England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland are the countries involved. Each has its own distinct culture and feel. The United Kingdom, one of the world’s most powerful countries, is overloaded with tourists all year. According to a report, over five lakh Indians visited the UK in a year until 2019.
UK Tourist Visa for Indian Citizens
There are hundreds of places to visit in the United Kingdom, a cultural and historical destination known for its Scottish landscapes, British royal family, the Beatles, and a number of castles and forts. You can attend a concert on the streets of London or simply take a train to university towns like Oxford to learn about their history and traditions.
Types of UK Visa
- UK Visitor Visa
- UK Tourist Visa
- UK Medical Visa
- UK Family Visa
- UK Student Visa
- UK Work Visa
- UK Entrepreneur Visas
- UK Transit Visa
You can apply for a visitor’s visa for a number of reasons when visiting the United Kingdom. You can go to see friends or family, business meetings, for any sports activity or event, for prospective entrepreneurship, for academics, and for many other reasons.
To visit beautiful places in the United Kingdom, you will need to apply for a UK Tourist Visa. When applying for a tourist visa, you must provide information such as the number of days you intend to stay in the UK i.e. proof of accommodation and a detailed itinerary.
If you want to visit the UK for medical reasons, such as personal medical treatment, you can obtain a medical visa. The duration of this visa is determined by the amount of time available for treatment.
UK family visas are available to those who wish to permanently establish their family in the UK with existing family members. If you are already in the UK on a work visa, you cannot apply for a UK family visa. The following are the scenarios in which you can obtain a UK family visa:
- As a partner/spouse of a UK resident.
- As the child of a UK resident.
- As a relative who requires long-term care from a UK resident due to illness or disability.
- As the widow partner of someone who was previously a UK resident.
- As a divorced partner/spouse
There are different types of student visas depending on the length of the course you intend to pursue.
- Short-term Student Visa: If you plan to study for a short period of time and are over the age of 18, you may be eligible for this type of visa. The short-term study visa is generally valid for 6 months and can be extended for up to 11 months for some pre-listed exceptional courses.
- Child Student Visa: If you want to study in an independent school in the United Kingdom and are between the ages of four and seventeen, you can apply for a child student visa.
- General Student Visa: The general student visa is available to those aged 16 and up.
There are two types of work visas when it comes to UK; Tier 1 and Tier 2. You can apply for tier 2 visa in case a skilled job has been offered to you in UK or you are from Switzerland or outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If you come to UK on the basis of Tier 2 visa, you can be in UK for 5 years and 14 days or for the time period that is mentioned in your sponsorship certificate plus one month. Whatever is shorter from the two.
If you want to start a business in the United Kingdom, you must apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa under the points-based system category of UK immigration rules. You must submit all details about your business plan as well as documents proving that it will not be harmful to UK premises or the population in any way.
A transit visa is required if you are traveling to any country and have a connecting flight through the United Kingdom. The condition is that the stay in the UK should last at least 24 hours.
Time Required for UK Visa
A UK visa takes 15 days to process. The embassy makes a decision on the Schengen visa application after 15 days.
However, in some cases, the processing time for a Schengen visa may vary. Individual cases may result in a visa processing time of 30 days following the interview, or 60 days in extreme cases for some nationalities.
Documents Required for UK Visa
- Check that your passport is valid for at least six months. Also, make sure you have at least two blank pages for the visa.
- Bank statements from the last three months are required to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds for your trip.
- Two passport-sized photographs(45mm x 35mm).
- Proof of Accommodation
- Detailed planned itinerary
How to Apply for UK Visa?
When you think to start for UK Visa process, the first step is to get in touch with Manav Visa Services by connecting to our Visa consulting experts at Contact Us. And accordingly, your documents will be collected via email or physically. Once the documents are collected, payment needs to be done. On your behalf, we will process your Visa and will send it to you by email. You can contact our experts on the below number for full assistance in getting your Visa within a 4-5 days period. Manav Corporate Consultants is a renowned agency providing service pan India with our offices located in Pune, Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi.